by Tsz Chan for NatureBox
It’s tough to make a lean, turkey meatball that’s still hearty and filling. Here, I used whole wheat bread and a bit of ricotta to give these meatballs more substance while remaining light. Plus, the addition of NatureBox Chili Lime Pistachios adds a refreshing, zingy nuttiness!
Serves: 4 (or makes 12 meatballs)
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped (plus additional, for garnish)
- 1/3 cup NatureBox Chili Lime Pistachios, shelled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, bread, onion, cilantro, pistachios, ricotta, salt and black pepper with your hands until mixed through. Be careful not to over-mix (or else the meatballs will be dense!)
2. Use a 2-ounce ice cream scoop to split the mixture into 12 equal portions. Roll into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast until cooked through and golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.
3. Serve with your favorite tomato sauce and garnish with parmesan, cilantro and more pistachios. Enjoy while hot!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!