by Chung-Ah Rhee for NatureBox
Re-purpose & slice last night’s turkey or chicken and make this turkey pesto panini, chockfull of fresh avocado, tomatoes, and melted mozzarella on crusty French bread. It’s filling enough for dinner or a decadent lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut into 3-4 equal pieces
- 1/2 cup pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 4-8 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 2 cups chopped leftover Thanksgiving turkey
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Heat olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over 1 side of French bread and top with mozzarella, turkey, tomatoes, avocado and top half of bread. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
3. Add sandwich to pan and grill until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.