Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 pound soba
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sriracha, for serving
- Lightly crushed NatureBox Sriracha Roasted Cashews, for serving
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and sesame seeds. Set aside.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add tofu and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
4. Add cabbage, garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook until tender, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, combine noodles, rice wine vinegar mixture, tofu, cabbage and green onions. Serve immediately, garnished with Sriracha and Sriracha Roasted Cashews, if desired.
Tofu got your tongue? Check out our other terrific tofu recipes!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.