- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, for serving
1. Preheat waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together sweet potato puree, milk, Greek yogurt, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla.
4. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
5. Lightly coat the waffle iron with nonstick spray. Scoop just enough batter to cover the waffle grid and cook until the waffle is golden brown on both sides, about 7-10 minutes. Serve with maple syrup.
Tip: If you’re making a big batch to serve, hold the waffles in a 200 degree F oven to keep them warm.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.