Making a savory, slightly spicy, totally flaky cracker actually isn’t easier said than done! I made these crackers out of phyllo dough, a dash of salt and cayenne pepper, and topped them with NatureBox Honeycomb Sunflower Kernels for a super easy homemade treat.
Makes: About 5
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 6 sheets phyllo
- 1/2 cup NatureBox Honeycomb Sunflower Kernels
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk the egg white with sugar. Add butter and salt and whisk more till combined and frothy.
2. On a flat surface, lay out 1 sheet of the phyllo. Brush a thin layer of the egg mixture and fold in half. Repeat 2 more times.
3. Lay the folded phyllo on parchment covered cookie sheet and brush another layer of the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and cayenne pepper (optional). Repeat the process with the rest of the phyllo.
4. Once completed, bake the crackers until golden brown, around 10 minutes. Let cool until crisp. Serve with your favorite soup or ice cream and enjoy!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!