by Amanda Natividad, NatureBox Editor
This filling, protein-rich salad is fresh and easy to make. With the salty bite from the parsley and brightness of the sumac spice, you’ll be scarfing down second helpings in no time!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 14.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley (about 1 small package)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the sumac red wine vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sumac
1. Toss together the chickpeas, beans, shallot, tomatoes and parsley. Season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper, or to taste.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, oil, garlic and sumac. Pour over the dressing and gently toss.
Want more filling salad ideas? Look through our salad recipes!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!