by Chung-Ah Rhee of Damn Delicious
Strawberry iced tea is one of my favorite summertime drinks. It’s a refreshing twist on a traditional favorite, with just enough sweetness from the homemade strawberry syrup. Now that summer is just around the corner, I’ll keep a pitcher in the fridge!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 tea bags (like regular Lipton tea)
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
1. Steep tea bags in 4 cups boiling water according to package instructions Discard tea bags and let tea cool.
2. In a large saucepan, combine strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before straining through cheesecloth or fine sieve.
3. In a large pitcher, whisk together strawberry syrup and brewed tea. Place in refrigerator until chilled. Serve over ice and strawberries, if desired.
Want more ‘berry’ delicious food? Try these berry recipes!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.