by Kristianne Hanneman for NatureBox
This salad is perfect for a busy week day lunch! Plan ahead and make it on Sunday, then divide into containers so you can grab ‘n go in the morning. We love the flavor and healthy fats that our Chili Lime Pistachios bring to the dish.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup NatureBox Chili Lime Pistachios, shelled
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
For the Chili Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped jalepeño
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a medium pot. Add quinoa and cover. Lower the heat and simmer for about 25 minutes, until all of the water is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, add olive oil, lime juice, jalapeño, salt and pepper to a salad dressing cruet or small bowl and shake or whisk together well. Place the dressing in the refrigerator to chill.
3. Once cooked, remove the lid from the quinoa and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Add NatureBox Chili Lime Pistachios, black beans, red bell pepper, corn, red onion and cilantro. Drizzle with chili lime vinaigrette and gently toss.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Kristianne is the founder of My San Francisco Kitchen, where she shares everyday recipes that focus on cooking/baking from scratch.