This quick and simple Shrimp Ceviche is the perfect appetizer for your next summer party. Pro-tip: Serve it up in shot glasses for easy serving along with a side of Masa Crisps!
Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- NatureBox Masa Crisps, for serving
1. In medium bowl, combine shrimp and 1/2 cup each lemon and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. In large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, salt, paprika, and remaining 1 tablespoon each lemon and lime juice.
3. To serve, pour excess liquid off of shrimp mixture. Add tomato, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and shrimp to oil mixture; toss to combine. Divide between 4 small glasses and serve immediately with NatureBox Masa Crisps.
In a time crunch? Check out our other 3-step recipes!
Lori Yates is a Detroit-area food writer and recipe developer. She is the author of Foxes Love Lemons, where she posts special yet simple original recipes, tips from her culinary school adventures and restaurant reviews. Her mission is to encourage people to enjoy the act of cooking at home. You can follow her on Facebook and Twitter @foxeslovelemons.