Loaded with protein, veggies and healthy grains, these stuffed bell peppers will provide the nutrition that you need for a healthy, balanced meal. You could even make the filling ahead of time for a quick weeknight dinner!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Spoon the filling each each bell pepper cavity. Place on prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes. Serve!
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!