Looking for a fresh new take on classic pizza? Here, we used air-popped popcorn for a light, sweet treat. Make this with your little one as a fun afternoon project, or whip this up at your next casual party!
Makes: One 8-inch pizza / 6 slices
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup NatureBox Sticks ‘n Stones
1. Line an 8-inch pizza pan or 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt the butter in a large non-stick pot over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir them with a wooden spoon until they are completely melted. Add the popped popcorn and continue to stir well with a wooden spoon until the popcorn is evenly coated.
3. Immediately transfer the popcorn mixture to the baking pan, and use an extra piece of parchment paper or greased hands to firmly press the popcorn down to 1-inch thickness.
4. While it is cooling, top with dried cranberries, dark chocolate chips, and NatureBox Sticks ‘n Stones, firmly pressing them down.
5. Once cool, remove from the pan and use a pizza cutter or knife to cut out triangle shapes.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Kristianne is the founder of My San Francisco Kitchen, where she shares everyday recipes that focus on cooking/baking from scratch.