I have been experimenting with different school lunches for my daughter and so far it has been tricky. To give her a wholesome and filling but still-fun lunch, I made some waffle sandwiches with peanut butter and apple slices.
Makes: 2 mini sandwiches
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 frozen gluten-free waffles (mini or regular)
- 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 Gala apple, sliced into thin rounds
1. Toast the waffle. Cut out into a shape using a cookie cutter if desired.
2. Spread nut butter onto the waffles and add apple slices.
Tip: Pack this in the lunchbox with some fruit infused water!