by Angie Ramirez for NatureBox
Change up the usual PB&J routine and try preparing them like sushi rolls. Make a platter of them for a party, or pack them in your kid’s lunch.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 bread slices (white or whole grain)
- 1/4 cup organic jam (strawberry, grape, or whatever flavor you prefer)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter (even sunflower butter works!)
1. Cut the crusts off the bread slices.
2. Press down on bread to flatten (you can roll with a rolling pin if you’d like)
3. Spread about 1 tablespoon of jam and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on each bread slice.
4. Starting at one edge, slowly roll tightly.
5. Slice into rolls about 2 inches wide, cleaning the knife in between each cut (to ensure the rolls separate neatly).
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!