Soft and fluffy pumpkin cookies are sweetened up every so slightly with a light drizzle of glaze. Whip up a batch of these to share with your office or to share with the whole family!
Makes: 18 cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars, about 3-4 minutes. Add pumpkin purée, egg, and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk together. While mixing, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture a little at a time.
3. Drop tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto a silicon mat-lined baking sheet 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake until light golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
4. Make glaze: Stir milk into sugar. Once cookies have cooled, drizzle glaze over cookies.
Got a sweet tooth? Whip up these other delicious sweet treats!
Kristianne is the founder of My San Francisco Kitchen, where she shares everyday recipes that focus on cooking/baking from scratch.