As much as we love baking fresh goodies around the holidays, sometimes there isn’t enough time in the day. In this recipe, rolled oats, peanut butter, cocoa and candy canes make for a super easy no-bake treat. Just set aside 15 minutes for active prep time!
Makes: about 30 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 3-1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces candy canes, coarsely chopped
1. Line 2 rimmed baking pans with parchment paper. In large saucepot, combine butter, sugar, milk, cocoa and salt. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; boil 1 minute.
2. Remove from heat; stir in oats, peanut butter and vanilla. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking pans. Immediately sprinkle cookies with candy canes. Let stand 30 minutes or until firm and dry.
Pics or it didn’t happen!When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Lori is a Detroit-area food writer, recipe developer and restaurant reviewer. She’s usually found in the kitchen cooking up something that undoubtedly involves beets, lemons or coconut for her blog, Foxes Love Lemons. Check out more of her recipes here.