As we move into the New Year, you may be finding that your resolution to get or stay healthy is harder than you initially thought. In order to help make your goals more manageable, try breaking down your idea of “healthy” into smaller sections. To get you started, here are a few of NatureBox’s favorite easy ways to eat and snack more healthfully:
1. Read the nutrition labels of all foods and try to begin recognizing common items in the foods that you frequently consume. To start, turn over your NatureBox packages and learn more about the healthy ingredients and nutrients that you should strive to eat.
2. Plan out your snacks in advance. Not having healthy snack options nearby when hunger strikes is a surefire way to grab the nearest thing, which may not be the healthiest! Spend some time stocking up on your favorite healthy foods and keep them in the car, purse, or desk drawer.
3. Drink water throughout the day. If you feel hungry, first have a glass of water; oftentimes thirst can be mistaken for hunger. Keeping a reusable water bottle on hand will help you stay hydrated in between meals.
4. Limit the amount of added sugars in your snacks, which will give you an initial boost of energy but cause you to crash later on. Instead, include a nutrient-rich whole fruit as part of your afternoon snack.
5. Eat a balanced breakfast! Breakfast helps maintain your attentiveness throughout the morning, which is important for both school and work.
Throughout this month, we’ll share tips and tricks to healthy snacking from NatureBox’s nutritionists so you can learn how to make better choices. Check back here on our NatureBox Blog and “like” us on Facebook to join the discussion and learn more about these easy ways to be healthier.