Ready for the simplest, fanciest meal ever that will impress your friends and family? This Miso-Glazed Halibut is cooked just right with a touch of chive oil and antioxidant-rich, slightly sweet and nutty black rice.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
For the Black Rice:
- 1 cup black rice
For the Chive Oil:
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh chives
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Miso-Glazed Halibut:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 halibut fillets (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- Sriracha or other hot sauce (optional)
1. Make the Black Rice: Prepare according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, make the Chive Oil: In blender, combine chives and oil. Blend until smooth. If desired, strain through a fine-mesh strainer.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line rimmed baking pan with foil; brush foil with oil. Place halibut, skin side down, on prepared pan. Bake until halibut is opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, about 12 to 14 minutes.
4. In small bowl, stir together lemon juice and miso (this glaze should have the consistency of a thin paste. If too thick to brush, add more lemon juice until proper consistency is achieved). Remove fish from oven; brush with miso glaze. Serve fish with black rice, chive oil and hot sauce, if desired.
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!