Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
For the Mint Simple Syrup:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
For the Lemonade:
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (if desired)
1. Make the Mint Simple Syrup: In small sauce pot, stir together sugar, water and mint. Cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer; discard mint. Transfer to jar or container and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 5 days.
2. Make the Lemonade: In pitcher, stir together water, lemon juice, honey and Mint Simple Syrup. Fill 6 glasses with ice, and mint leaves, if desired. Serve lemonade over ice.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get $10 off your first box!