Recipe by Kristianne Hannemann of My San Francisco Kitchen
It can be challenging to think of ways to liven up a basic dish like salad. This recipe is simple yet sophisticated with its flavors: peppery arugula, sharp bleu cheese and sweet NatureBox Dried Pears. Serve it up at your next dinner party or make it for a relaxing night at home!
- 1/2 cup NatureBox Dried Pears
- 4 cups arugula, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
1. Add the dried pears to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
2. In a large mixing bowl, gently toss together the arugula, dried pear pieces, walnuts, and crumbled bleu cheese.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt and pepper, and olive oil until well-combined.
4. Pour the apple cider vinaigrette over the salad and toss together.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Kristianne is the founder of My San Francisco Kitchen, where she shares everyday recipes that focus on cooking/baking from scratch.