With the holidays right around the corner, what’s better than to give your friends and family a gorgeous loaf studded with vibrant fresh cranberries? There’s just enough orange juice and orange zest to brighten this up even more with that refreshing touch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup cranberries
2. In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, coconut oil, butter, egg, orange juice and orange zest.
4. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Add cranberries and gently toss to combine.
5. Scoop the batter evenly into the loaf pans. Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire rack.
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.