by Kristianne Hanneman for NatureBox
Hummus is a classic game day (or any day) dip to serve if you’re looking to keep things a little lighter. Full of flavor and extra creamy, hummus does not compromise on anything you love about your favorite party dip. Plus, you can feel good eating any leftovers all week long!
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Drain the garbanzo beans, leaving half the liquid, and add to a food processor or blender. Add garlic, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, paprika and salt and blend until all ingredients are well mixed and the hummus is a creamy, smooth texture.
2. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve, and sprinkle fresh parley and paprika over the top for garnish.
3. Serve with veggies, baked pita chips, NatureBox Sunshine Chips, or NatureBox Masa Crisps.
Note: You can also toast sesame seeds in a pan with a bit of olive oil and and grind up until you achieve a paste in place of the tahini.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Kristianne is the founder of My San Francisco Kitchen, where she shares everyday recipes that focus on cooking/baking from scratch.