Looking for something you can easily prepare and bring to the beach or a picnic? This Mediterranean-inspired Chopped Salad layered in mason jars makes for a pretty and neat on-the-go dish! Add some NatureBox Tuscan Summer Mix for some crunch.
Makes: 4 jars
Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 4 ounces low fat mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons NatureBox Tuscan Summer Mix
1. In medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in bulgur wheat. Reduce heat to medium; cook until bulgur is tender, or about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain off any remaining liquid. Spread bulgur in a single layer on a rimmed baking pan; transfer to freezer to chill for 10 minutes or until cool.
2. Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until all oil is incorporated.
3. Divide vinaigrette between 4 pint-sized mason jars. Divide cooled bulgur wheat over vinaigrette. Layer remaining ingredients, ending with NatureBox Tuscan Summer Mix.Top with lids and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!