Everyone loves teriyaki! Here, the classic dish is skewered for ease of eating. Serve it up for friends or enjoy it on your own!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
1. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
3. In a gallon size resealable bag or large bowl, combine teriyaki marinade and chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
4. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Add skewers to the grill and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
5. Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.
Pics or it didn’t happen!When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.