Who says taquitos are just for lunch or dinner? With avocado and egg, these breakfast taquitos have the protein to keep you fuller longer. Here’s a handy breakfast tip: make and freeze a batch of these and bake them while you’re getting ready in the morning for a no-fuss hot meal to start your day!
Serves: 4 (or makes 12 taquitos)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 12-15 minutes (25-30 minutes for frozen taquitos)
- 12 corn tortillas, softened
- 3 large eggs, scrambled
- 6 ounces spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1/4 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Working one at a time, transfer tortilla to a work surface. Place eggs, sausage, sun dried tomatoes, avocado and cheddar cheese in the center of each wrapper.
3. Bring the bottom edge of the tortilla tightly over the filling, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the tortilla is reached. Repeat with remaining tortilla and filling.
4. Place taquitos seam side down onto prepared baking sheet and bake until taquitos are crisp and cheese has melted, about 12-15 minutes. If baking frozen taquitos, bake time should be about 25-30 minutes.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.