Being vegetarian doesn't mean missing out one some of meat lovers' favorite things - including meatballs. Black beans and NatureBox Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Seeds combine for a savory and substantial dish. Round it out with marinara sauce and if you like, pasta or rice, for a fuller meal!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces) organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons NatureBox Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Seeds, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 jar (14 ounces) organic marinara sauce, warmed
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In medium bowl, use potato masher to mash and stir together beans, egg, breadcrumbs, pumpkin seeds, oregano, salt and pepper. Form mixture into 10 golf ball-sized balls.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray skillet with nonstick spray. Transfer meatballs to skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until browned on all sides and warmed through, turning occasionally.
3. Serve Black Bean Meatless "Meatballs" with marinara, garnished with parsley.
Need more inspiration? Check out our other vegetarian recipes!
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!