by Chung-Ah Rhee of Damn Delicious
These BBQ chicken meatballs are the perfect finger foods as a quick and easy appetizer, or you could even stack them up in sliders, serving them as sandwiches. Either way, you’ll definitely be asking for more!
Makes: 8 sliders
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large egg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup baby greens
- 8 slider buns
1. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, Panko, mozzarella, garlic powder, onion powder, egg, salt and pepper, to taste. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll into 8 meatballs, about 2-1/2-inches wide.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs, in batches, and cook until all sides are browned, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Reduce heat to low and stir in BBQ sauce, 1/4 cup water and meatballs, simmering until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs are cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Add to slider buns with baby greens and serve immediately.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.