Recipe by Angie of Little Inspiration
Are you looking for some crunchy tortilla chips for your St. Patrick’s Day party? I can’t wait to show you how easy it is to make fresh whole wheat tortilla chips that are perfect for any dip. You can even make them out of different cookie cutter shapes for other holidays or occasions.
This recipes requires NO frying and the use of very few ingredients!
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour and extra flour for dusting and rolling
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of warm water
- 3 TBSP of melted butter, coconut oil, or non-dairy spread
- a pinch of salt
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter
- Using a mixer with the dough hook, add all ingredients and mix until the dough is not sticky (adding extra flour if needed). If you don’t have a stand mixer with dough hook, you can mix all ingredients by hand and knead until dough is not sticky (adding extra flour if needed).
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let sit for about an hour at room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out dough to about ¼ inch thickness. Cut out shamrocks with cookie cutter.
- Pre-heat flat grill pan over medium/high temperature. Add shamrock tortillas and let cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Turn over to the other side and heat until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dip - we think this Greek Green Goddess Dip is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Angie shares yummy food, easy DIY crafts, adventures of motherhood, and everything in between on her blog, Little Inspiration. Check out more of her healthy and fun recipes here.