by Chung-Ah Rhee of Damn Delicious
My favorite way to eat blood oranges is when they’re sectioned off in a salad, bursting with fresh citrus flavors and crisp greens, and tossed in a sweet, poppy seed vinaigrette. This salad kept leaving me wanting more and more so I’m sure I’ll have to double the batch next time!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the blood orange vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- Zest of 1 blood orange
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, blood orange juice and zest, apple cider vinegar, sugar and poppy seeds in a small bowl; set aside.
2. To assemble the salad, place arugula in a large bowl; top with blood oranges, avocado, pecans and goat cheese. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.