by Chung-Ah Rhee of Damn Delicious
I love having extra sheets of puff pastry in the freezer. You can use them for almost any meal, and make almost anything out of them! But my favorite way to use them is in this Asparagus Puff Pastry. It’s one of the easiest appetizers I have ever made, and it looks elegant and sophisticated — perfect for any occasion!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed, cut into 4 squares
- 1 bunch (12-ounces) asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place puff pastry squares onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Using a fork, pierce each square to create a 1/2-inch dotted border.
2. Sprinkle Gruyere evenly over the top. Arrange asparagus spears in a single layer over the cheese, alternating ends and tips. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make the balsamic reduction, add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil until thick and reduced, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Drizzle the asparagus puff pastry squares with balsamic reduction and serve while hot.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.