by Chung-Ah Rhee for NatureBox
Got some leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Of course you do! Put a fresh spin on the classic sandwich by making turkey salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups chopped leftover Thanksgiving turkey
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 baguette, cut it into 3-4 equal pieces, toasted, for serving
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine turkey, grapes, avocado, green onion, pine nuts and olive oil dressing.
2. To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, poppy seeds, lemon juice, salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
3. Serve sandwiches on a baguette with turkey mixture and dressing.
Need more ideas? Check out our turkey recipes!
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.