Photos by Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious
This Sweet Potato and Lentil Chili is a NatureBox favorite- we love to serve it at our office potlucks as it’s a winner for both vegetarians and omnivores alike. It can be made vegan by omitting the cheese and Greek yogurt and our Masa Crisps are the perfect topper! We promise this chili will be a hit at your next potluck or family meal!
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 2 cups cooked lentils (you can make them in advance and store in the fridge)
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 TBSP paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheese, for serving
- NatureBox Masa Crisps, for serving
- Greek yogurt, for serving
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and bell peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, cooked lentils, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes. You can continue to simmer if you prefer a thicker chili.
Serve immediately, garnished with cheese, Masa Crisps and Greek yogurt, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers- it’s delicious the next day for lunch too, though it does thicken up quite a bit in the fridge.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!