Nothing says summer like just-grilled skewers! These kebabs are sweet and savory with a dash of tartness from apple cider vinegar. Make them for a fun and casual meal!
Prep time: about 20 minutes
Cook time: about 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 zucchini squash, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 8 NatureBox Big Island Pineapple slices, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 wooden skewers
1. in a shallow bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil and honey. Add the cubed chicken breasts and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 3 hours.
2. Soak the wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes (to prevent them from burning). After the chicken has marinated, preheat an indoor grill pan over medium heat.
3. Add the chicken, pineapple, squash, bell pepper and onion to the skewers, alternating. Grill until the chicken us cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. The chicken will be done when the juices run clear and the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.