There's no doubt that strawberry lemonade is a summertime classic! Take it to new heights in this delicious dessert shooter. Lemon curd comes together nicely with fresh, ripe strawberries and a dash of coconut for the perfect tropical treat. Add extra coconut or nix it entirely to make it exactly how you want it!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
For the Lemon Curd:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
For the Shooters:
- 8 medium strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Make the Lemon Curd: In small saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest. Cook over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat spoon; whisking constantly.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in butter a few cubes at a time, stirring until incorporated after each addition. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a storage container. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 week before using.
3. Assemble the Shooters: Divide lemon curd between eight (2-ounce) shooter glasses. Top with strawberries and coconut.
Need these with a meal? Try this Shrimp Fried Farro!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!