We love kicking off the beginning of the week with fresh, easy and light salads! We amped up the nutrition in this spinach salad with beets, and amped up the flavor with a smidge of bleu cheese.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
For the salad:
- 2 large beets
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup NatureBox Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Pumpkin Seeds
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Trim the leaves off of the beets and boil until tender, about 40 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Peel the outer layer off and cube.
2. Rinse the spinach and toss together with the cubed beets, gorgonzola cheese and NatureBox Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Pumpkin Seeds.
3. Add the balsamic vinaigrette ingredients to a bowl and whisk well. Drizzle over the salad before serving.
Need more salad ideas? We have lots more recipes!
Kristianne is the founder of My San Francisco Kitchen, where she shares everyday recipes that focus on cooking/baking from scratch.