Trying to step up your cooking game in preparation for the New Year? This soup can be prepped in 20 minutes then left to cook low and slow for the rest of the day!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Slow cook time: 4 hours
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces gemelli or penne pasta
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
1. In slow cooker, stir together garlic, bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, chicken, broth, onion, 1/3 cup cheese, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook on high 3-1/2 hours or on low 7 hours.
2. Transfer chicken breasts to cutting board and coarsely shred; return to slow cooker. Stir in pasta. Cook on high 30 minutes longer or until pasta is cooked al dente.
3. Serve garnished with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped basil or parsley.
Still hungry? Try our vegetable one-pot pasta!
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!