What's on the menu for dinner tonight? Whether or not you're observing Meatless Monday, try this super easy dish! For a fresh new take on classic fried rice, we used farro instead.
Shrimp and edamame make this meal substantial while chopped pineapple offers a sweet balance to its savory flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 3 cups cooked and chilled farro
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame beans
- 2 eggs
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook until almost cooked through, stirring frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add farro, pineapple and edamame; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Push farro mixture to sides of wok, creating a well in center of wok. Crack eggs into well, scramble vigorously with spoon; cook 2 minutes (keeping eggs in well) or until eggs are full cooked.
4. Add onions, soy sauce and white pepper; toss until all ingredients are well combined.
Still hungry? Try this ahi tuna salad!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!