This fun and festive dish is perfect for your holiday party. Savory Swiss chard is perfect with tart (but not too tart) golden raisins!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Hungarian pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Remove stems from chard; cut stems crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Cut chard leaves crosswise into 2-inch pieces. Keep stems and leaves separate.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, Hungarian pepper, almonds and chard stems. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add raisins, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and chard leaves. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until leaves are just wilted, stirring frequently.
Pics or it didn’t happen!When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Lori is a Detroit-area food writer, recipe developer and restaurant reviewer. She’s usually found in the kitchen cooking up something that undoubtedly involves beets, lemons or coconut for her blog, Foxes Love Lemons. Check out more of her recipes here.