by Tsz Chan of Gastrophoria
Who doesn’t like a good serving of jam? Here, juicy-tasting sweet pear is mixed with the earthiness of rosemary. I spread this compote on fresh bread and cheese and couldn’t help but go back for seconds (and thirds)!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups dry white wine (like Pinot Grigio)
- 1 package NatureBox Dried Pears (about 2 cups), chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup sugar
1. Peel the lemon with a vegetable peeler to get large strips of zest - make sure you avoid the white pith. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the lemon peels, wine, pears, sugar and 2 sprigs of rosemary. Stir well.
2. Let the mixture cook down, stirring every few minutes. When the pears absorb almost all the liquid, about 30 minutes, turn off the heat.
3. Give a squeeze of lemon to brighten up the flavors and stir in 1/4 teaspoon of finely minced rosemary to finish.
4. Serve with your favorite bread and cheese, and enjoy!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!