Looking for a new brunch idea? Look no further than this unique twist on the classic eggs benedict. Poached eggs offer satisfying richness to polenta cakes and crab!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces (1/2 of an organic refrigerated polenta roll), cut into 4 slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces cooked jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 large organic eggs
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray, then add polenta slices. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown on both sides; turning occasionally. Transfer polenta cakes to rimmed baking pan and transfer to oven to keep warm.
2. Return skillet to stove; reduce heat to medium. Add olive oil and crab; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until warmed through. Stir in lemon juice; keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, fill large high-sided skillet with water. Heat to a slow boil (about 190 degrees F). Add vinegar to water. One at a time, crack eggs into small ramekin and use ramekin to slowly slide eggs into water. Cook 4 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are still soft. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs from water and blot on paper towel-lined plate.
4. To serve, divide polenta cakes between 4 plates. Divide crab over polenta cakes and place eggs on top. Serve immediately, with hot sauce, if desired.
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!