These fun zucchini boats offer a fresh and healthy take on delicious pizza. With marinara sauce, ground turkey and mozzarella cheese, they offer gooey comfort without the guilt. If you like, try using other favorite pizza toppings in this recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Cut each zucchini in half horizontally, then carefully scoop out the center of the zucchini, leaving about 1/2-inch of zucchini on the skin. Reserve the zucchini center for another use.
2. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey, oregano, basil, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks. Drain excess fat. Stir in marinara sauce until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add ground turkey mixture to each zucchini. Place into oven and bake until the zucchini is tender and the cheese has melted, about 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately.
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.