by Chung-Ah Rhee for NatureBox
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and what better way to start the day than with an open-faced breakfast quesadilla? Loaded with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms, you’ll be sure to get your serving of veggies in before you carpe diem!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, scrambled and cooked
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Greek yogurt, for serving
- Guacamole, for serving
1. Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Place whole wheat tortillas onto prepared baking sheet. Top each tortilla with cooked eggs and onion mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Place into oven and broil until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
4. Serve immediately, topped with Greek yogurt and guacamole, if desired.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals