by Kristianne Hannemann of My San Francisco Kitchen.
We love using NatureBox dried fruits to make crispy cereal bars! Wrap these up and keep them in the fridge, toss in lunchboxes, or pair with Greek yogurt for breakfast. You can even store one in your gym bag for your pre-workout snack attack. The best part is, you can substitute any combintation of fruits, nuts, or nut butter that you prefer or have in your kitchen!
Makes 12 bars
- 1/4 cup NatureBox Dried California Bing Cherries
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3-1/2 cups rice cereal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky, or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Line a 9 x 13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice dried cherries into fourths and add to a large bowl. Add sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, oats, and rice cereal and stir well.
3. Add applesauce, honey, brown sugar and peanut butter to a large pot over medium heat. Stir occasionally. Once bubbles begin to form, stir until smooth and remove from heat.
4. Stir in vanilla and almond extract, and immediately pour the hot mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well with a wooden spoon. Transfer to the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and press down with wet hands or using a sheet of wax paper.
5. Freeze until set, about 15 minutes, then cut into squares.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Kristianne is the founder of My San Francisco Kitchen, where she shares everyday recipes that focus on cooking/baking from scratch.