Breakfast? Ain't nobody got time for that... usually. Take 20 minutes at the beginning of the week to whip up these breakfast muffins. Then store them in your fridge to have them on hand for the rest of the week.
These power-packed muffins are made with turkey bacon, mushrooms, kale and NatureBox Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Seeds to jump-start your morning and hold you over until lunchtime. You can even change up this easy recipe by adding any of your favorite NatureBox seeds.
Makes: 10 muffins
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 18 minutes
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons NatureBox Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to medium bowl.
2. Add mushrooms to skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add kale and sundried tomatoes; cook 1 minute or until kale is slightly wilted. Add veggies to bowl with bacon; toss until everything is well combined.
3. Meanwhile, in large liquid measuring cup, whisk eggs until well beaten. Whisk in milk, cheese, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Spray 10 cups of a standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide veggie/bacon mixture between 10 cups; pour eggmixture evenly over veggie/bacon mixture. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over egg mixture. Transfer to oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until eggs are firm. Serve immediately, or transfer muffins to wire rack and let cool completely, then transfer to zip-top bags and refrigerate or freeze for later use. Muffins can be re-heated in microwave straight from refrigerator or freezer. Place on microwave-safe plate and microwave 30 to 45 seconds or until heated through.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get $10 off your first box!