Serving kids veggies in fun animal shapes and letting them help out with the plating is a great way to ensure they eat healthy and have fun while doing so. This idea is the perfect after-school snack, lunch or weekend project!
To make this little fishy, you will need the following:
- Peanut Butter Sandwich cut into an oval (removing all crust).
- Carrots, peeled and sliced into half circles.
- A slice of cucumber sliced in half and one tiny slice of cucumber cut into a circle to form the eye socket.
- Green leaf lettuce
1. Lay your sandwich in the middle of the plate and add the carrot slices to form the fish scales.
2. Arrange two semi-cirlce cucumber slices as the fish tail.
3. Add the eye socket and use half of a blueberry to make the eye. Use another blueberry to form the mouth if desired.
4. Lay down plenty of blueberries to form the ocean and add a few pieces of lettuce in between the blueberries to create kelp.
Want more kid-friendly food tips? Find out how to pack a lunch box.