These meatballs could be kept warm for a party in a slow cooker - just add a half cup of chicken broth to the bottom of the slow cooker for moisture.
Makes: about 16 meatballs
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
For the Meatballs:
- Organic nonstick cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup minced white onion
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound organic lean ground chicken
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Finely chopped English cucumber
1. Prepare Meatballs: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir together garlic, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, oregano, mint and salt. Add chicken and stir (or mix with hands) until just combined. Do not overmix. Using hands, gently form into golf ball-sized meatballs and place on prepared baking pan.
2. Bake meatballs 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile, prepare Yogurt Sauce: In small bowl, stir together all ingredients.
4. Garnish meatballs with feta and cucumber; serve with Yogurt Sauce.
Want some pasta to go with that? Check out our shockingly easy recipe for Vegetable One-Pot Pasta!
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!
Lori is a Detroit-area food writer, recipe developer and restaurant reviewer. She’s usually found in the kitchen cooking up something that undoubtedly involves beets, lemons or coconut for her blog, Foxes Love Lemons. Check out more of her recipes here.