Recipe by Angie of Little Inspiration
What’s for dinner tonight? How about a creamy avocado whole wheat pasta with delicious sauteed veggies! This recipe is easy and comforting and packs in a ton of nutrients!
- 1½ cup of Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- Water and 1 TBSP of kosher salt for boiling the pasta
- 1 avocado
- Lime juice of one small lime
- 1-2 TBSP of cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño (optional - seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 TBSP of low fat cream cheese
- ⅛ tsp of garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp of ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- handful of Spinach leaves
- handful of Broccoli
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 bell pepper (cut in strips)
- 1/8 tsp of ground pepper and salt
- Boil pasta with salt. Drain & set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the avocado sauce. In a blender or processor: Add avocado, jalapeño, garlic salt/pepper, lime juice, cream cheese and 1 tsp of water. Mix well until creamy.
- Add the avocado sauce to the pasta and mix to combine.
- In a skillet pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and saute the veggies with pepper and salt over medium heat until softened.
- Serve veggies on top of creamy pasta.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Angie shares yummy food, easy DIY crafts, adventures of motherhood, and everything in between on her blog, Little Inspiration. Check out more of her healthy and fun recipes here.