To celebrate Cinco De Mayo, we asked our employees to whip up their best guacamole recipe for the ultimate showdown. After hours of taste-testing and several pitchers of margaritas later, we present to you the winner of the 2016 NatureBox Guac Off.
Winner: Derek Edwards, Designer
For maximum results, start with perfectly creamy and ripe avocados. Pro Tip: Peel back the small stem or cap at the top of the avocado. If it comes away easily and you find green underneath, then you've got a winner.
- 8 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbs coarsely chopped cilantro
- Juice from 4 limes
- Himalayan pink salt and ground pepper to taste
- Grind 1/3 of garlic, 1/3 of the onion and 1/3 cilantro in your Molcajete.
- Add paste to separate bowl. Add the avocado and gently mix in the remaining garlic, onion and cilantro. Also add lime and salt/pepper to taste.
- Add guacamole back to the molcajete and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with sliced Jicama and Masa Crisps