by Angie Ramirez for NatureBox
Don’t throw away your overripe bananas! You can use them for this yummy recipe for Banana Nut Muffins. This recipe is also vegan and made without milk or eggs. You can even add your favorite nut or dried fruit. It’s easy to make and full of ingredients that you can feel good about!
Makes: 9 muffins
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup of organic brown sugar
- 1 cup of overripe mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with muffin cups
2. In a large bowl mix all wet ingredients (applesauce, sugar, bananas, syrup)
3. In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients (four, cinnamon, salt and baking soda) Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredient mix and mix well.
4. Fill cups 3/4 of the way full with batter and top with walnuts, if using. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in muffin pan for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!