This Asian-style cobb salad has a lighter twist on the traditional cobb salad, which is usually heavy on the cheese and bacon. It serves as the perfect light meal, full of protein and veggies with a simple sesame vinaigrette.
- 1 (9-ounce) package romaine salad
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
For the sesame vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
1. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. To assemble the salad, place greens in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of carrots, chicken, green onions, avocado, eggs and mandarin oranges. Serve immediately with sesame vinaigrette.
Still hungry? Try our other salad recipes!
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!