by Chung-Ah Rhee of Damn Delicious
This Asian-style cobb salad has a lighter twist on the traditional cobb salad, which is usually heavy on the cheese and bacon. But this salad serves as the perfect light meal, full of protein and veggies with a simple sesame vinaigrette.
- 1 (9-ounce) package romaine salad
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
2. To assemble the salad, place greens in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of carrots, chicken, green onions, avocado, eggs and mandarin oranges. Serve immediately with sesame vinaigrette.