As if there wasn’t enough reason to love fresh berries and home-cooked pancakes! We’ve formed them into little bears (or cats!) so they’re even more fun to eat.
Makes: 8 pancakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes (per pancake)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Whisk in milk, egg and melted butter.
2. Pre-heat griddle or non-stick pan. Scoop a small amount of pancake mix (about 3 tablespoons) in the middle of the griddle to form a circle. Cook until bubbles start to form, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully, flip pancake to the other side and cook until lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
To assemble the pancake bear:
- For the bear’s head: use a round pancake
- For the ears and body: slice the strawberries into thirds, and use the middle section for the ears and body.
- For the tail: slice a sliver of a rounded edge of strawberry.
- For the eyes: use blueberries, sliced in half.
- For the legs: use raspberries, sliced in half.
- For the arms: cut a small piece of pancake to create an arm shape.